Latent Possibilities

Friday, August 12, 2005

A Prayer

In light of the recent and tragic death of Sudan's John Garang and the suffering of a friend who has cancer, the following prayer just came out one evening before our small group got together:

We pray, Father, that this would be a holy time--holy because we together are your servants even when we do not understand you. We may rail against you, hoping, we hope, that you will rail back against us, as we do not fear your acrimony so much as your absence. So, Great Spirit, fill this place and these souls with your presence, that we will know you live and rest in your will. In the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit. Amen.

1 Comments:

  • At August 12, 2005 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    This is so beautiful. You have such a gift for putting sentiments in writing. I feel like railing God today. I do not understand His purpose in Lorrie's death. Usually, I am able to accept that lack of understanding as one of the mysteries of my faith. But when something like this happens, I find myself demanding answers of God. Show me your ways. Help me understand. Help Lorrie's family understand. We want to see the meaning in this.
    -Aly

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home