Latent Possibilities

Sunday, November 06, 2005

Anniversary Recap

I started this post a while ago and just finished it…

I’m on my way into Grand Rapids with good memories. The anniversary went well. Here are some highlights:

My grandma never had a wedding cake, so Mom saw to it she had one at the party. As I write this, a piece of carrot cake is in the overhead bin. I’m bringing it to Alyssa.

I saw cousins I hadn’t seen since I was just a kid. It was great to see them and hear about what they’re doing in life.

I’ll never forget sitting in my granparents’ living room after the shindig with grandma, grandpa, Mom, and Dad. We basked in the afterglow of the festivities and talked about all the love that was in that basement. Grandpa told me one advantage to growing old is you come to realize just how many people love you.

Got to kiss the newest member of our extended family, Liberty. What a sweetheart.

Hearing cousin Jason talk about what it’s like to be on the border patrol. He rides a horse!

Grandpa explained how to start and keep a vegetable garden. Alyssa and I are talking about starting our own!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home