Latent Possibilities

Monday, June 25, 2007

Blue Man Group

Went to the windy city over the weekend and experienced the Blue Man Group--an interactive multimedia event that incorporates drumming, humor, science, and improv. It was fantastic. As I walked away from the theater, the word "worshipful" came to mind. The experience, for one thing, is very communal. The audience shares in activities together as one body, so that while I was there by myself, I felt like I was a part of something. And for another, the Blue Men are all about playing with creation, enjoying its fruit, learning from it, etc. in a way that I found downright eschatalogical. They are insatiably curious characters. What if eternal life means doing our level best to keep learning from and joyfully experimenting with God's divinely pervaded world? What if we thought of curiosity as a virtue?

1 Comments:

  • At July 09, 2007 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I have been thinking about this lately as it relates to Lucas. He's becoming mobile, getting into things, etc. It seems like a curse in some ways b/c it requires much more attention and energy from me. But I realize this is a beautiful part of his development as he continues to discover his world. It's a GOOD thing that he is more curious about what the leg on the chair feels (and tastes!)like than the toy I am trying to woo him back with. I need to celebrate this... and rest up when I can!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home