Latent Possibilities

Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Guitar update

I've been working on the G and C chords the past few days. G is a real bear, mainly b/c you have to use your pinky on the first string. The pinky is a most unreliable finger!

I also tried my hand at finger-picking last night. Alyssa asked, "Have you learned how to finger-pick yet? I love finger-picking." And me, the chivalrous knight determined to impress his damsel, began slowly, very slowly, to finger-pick. Eventually I was able to play my little verse from "Prison Girl" using a finger-picking pattern. These diversions are what keep going b/c they help me taste what's up ahead if I keep at it.

3 Comments:

  • At January 25, 2006 , Blogger Alyssa said...

    And I was impressed!!!!!

     
  • At January 28, 2006 , Blogger David Blakeslee said...

    Hi Chad. Walt M. sent me the link to your blog and I like it. Especially the "Desert Fathers" tagline at the top of the page. Keep up the work on your guitar! I wish I had time and diligence to put into something like that... maybe someday.

    I'd like to add your blog (and Alyssa's) to my list over at pomoxians.blogspot.com unless you would rather I didn't. Which I would not be offended by or require an explanation if you say "no thanks." I just like linking my blog to "real people" (rather than commercial or e-zine style blogs.)

     
  • At January 30, 2006 , Blogger Margaret Feinberg said...

    I tried to play the piano and lasted two weeks. The guitar..a mere two weeks. I'm inspired by your courage.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home