Latent Possibilities

Thursday, January 05, 2006

Three more...

Last night I learned three new chords. The triad chords E, A, and D. These chords involve similar fingerings to E5, A5, and D5, which I learned earlier this week, but on the triads you add one more finger to one more string. It sounds easy, but man that one more string is a killer. It's going to take some practice to get good at transitioning from one to another without buzzing or dampening a string. And ouch, my fingers hurt!

Last night I practiced the power chords first (E5, A5, and D5). I thought I was doing pretty well, so I listened to the next lesson on the DVD, about the triads. I almost wish I would have started with the triads because my fingers hurt so much, by the time I got to them I was spent. Note to self: start fresh when learning new chords. Oh well, there's always tonight!

Incidentally, these triad chords are the basis for countless popular tunes. The E triad is one of the biggest sounding chords there is because you play all the strings. It really fills up the room, and it feels so good to jam on that thing, wailing like the next Hendrix.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home