Latent Possibilities

Sunday, June 18, 2006

Back Below the Dome

Tomorrow begins another three weeks of class at Notre Dame. One of the most striking architectural features here is the golden dome that crowns the administrative building. The campus a beautiful place. I'm taking ecclesiology with Richard McBrien. I'll try to keep this blog updated while I'm here.

It was tough saying goodbye to Alyssa, who is now a little more than three months pregnant with our firstborn child, but we'll see each other in about a week, when I head back up to GR for some meetings.

I dropped by the Grotto after getting settled in here and lit a candle in prayer. The Grotto, also known as the "cave of candles," is a 1/8 scale replica of a place in France (I forget the name of the town) where it is said Mary appeared to several little girls. I'll drop in a pic of that as well. An enchanting and holy place.

1 Comments:

  • At June 19, 2006 , Blogger Alyssa said...

    I cannot wait to visit the Grotto when I come down. Good luck with your first day of class!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home