Latent Possibilities

Tuesday, January 31, 2006

You Say It's Your Birthday!

My stepmom's birthday was yesterday, so last night Alyssa grabbed the phone and told me we were going to sing happy birthday to her. Alyssa keeps track of birthdays in our families and usually handles sending gifts too. I'm not sure how she got this job. I think she realized that if it was going to be done to her satisfaction (er, okay, if it was going to get done at all), well, she wasn't going to get much help from me. But hey, I mow the lawn!

Anyway, she grabbed the phone and then wondered aloud if I knew enough chords to play the guitar while we sang. A trip to the Web and a chord sheet later, I was strumming along. Well, that's not totally accurate. I don't know how to play chords and the melody at the same time yet, so I basically played a chord, sung until the next chord change, and then played another chord. But it was fun!

Keith Urban, look out!

2 Comments:

  • At February 03, 2006 , Blogger Alyssa said...

    Hmmm... I wonder if Keith could come by and offer you some pointers. That would be OK with me!

     
  • At February 03, 2006 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Chad, I think it is great you keep learning and practicing. Since school has started I've dropped it altogether. Good job! Spence

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home